Louis Stewart came to Tacoma from West Virginia in 1888. With his brother, he formed Kona Koffee in 1905. This Dutch Colonial, in the North Slope Historic district, designed by George Bullard in 1902 was his home. He only lived here a few years and the next owners were William and Catherine H. McDonald. Mr. McDonald was a cigar dealer.