The Old Tacoma saloon opened in 1884 on this site. The building was torn down and replaced in 1917 by the David Building. The first tenants were the Radonich Brother’s, who operated a men’s clothing store, a billiard parlor and a soft drink establishment and in 1920 a restaurant called The Spar. In 1933, at the end of prohibition, alcohol replaced soft drinks for the workers of Old Town. The Radonich Brothers decided to remain a tavern and serve only beer and wine. Today, The Spar is a landmark in Old Town and still serves up beer, wine, and now coffee!