Designed and built in 1895 by the Cornell Brothers for William Ferguson, this home is a Neo-Colonial in style. Mr. Ferguson came to Tacoma from Ireland in 1890 and was one of the founders of First Presbyterian Church. In 1941, the home became a sanitarium, as did the neighboring home in 1948. Large additions were added to both homes in the 1960’s. After many years of medical use, in 2006, the last business moved. The North Slope Historic District then convinced the owner of the buildings to remove the additions and return the buildings into residences. Both houses are now restored to their former glory!